Arrival and transfer to your hotel for an unforgettable Culinary Tour
Transfer from the Avignon TGV station (fast train, recommended from Paris) or from the Avignon airport (via Paris) to your Hotel, where we will have a welcome drink while we talk about the Culinary Tour that is about to start. In your hotel, situated very close to Avignon and Gordes, you will feel at home, you will be able to go for a nice walk and discover the unique light and atmosphere in the heart of Provence. Then you will have a welcome dinner in a restaurant close to the hotel. Very fine Provence cuisine with wines.
Cooking and discovering the Popes city of Avignon
After a complete breakfast at the hotel, you will meet your Chef for your first cooking lesson. She will introduce you to the Provence products and recepies.At 12h00 we will have our lunch of what cooked. Complete menu with wines. Catherine will have lunch with us.
Then we will go on to Avignon for a visit of the Palais des Papes, and from its garden you will see the famous “pont d’Avignon”. Very close to the Palais, we will have our dinner in a typical Provence restaurant. Complete menu with wines.
Enjoy charming Cassis and visit the Calanques on a boat ride.
Today, after a complete breakfast at the hotel, we will go on to Cassis, a magnificient village on the coast, near Marseille. If we get good weather we will have a short boat trip to see the famous “calanques of Cassis”.
Lunch will be in a famous restaurant with a magnificent view where you will have a “menu du jour” with the famous Cassis wine to accompany. What a Culinary Tour!! After lunch, on our way to Cap Canaille, we will stop so you can have a view of the whole bay of Cassis.
For desert we will visit a very fine pastry shop in Cassis where the Chef will make a short explanation of his tricks for us and prepare a sweet tasting of some of his specialities. Back to the hotel for a relaxation by the pool. Our dinner tonight will be an assortment of cheeses, quiches and cakes from a famous chef by the pool of your hotel. All served with local wines.
Wine tasting master class by oenologist Joelle Corre
After breakfast, your Culinary Tour will start at Joel Corre’s home, our oenologist friend, near Aix-en-Provence, who will delight us with a fantastic wine tasting of some of the best french wines. Then we will follow the paths of the famous painter Cézanne, near his mountain Sainte Victoire, in Aix-en-Provence. With some of Joel’s wines, goat cheeses, hams and other delights we will make a picnic to enjoy life as simple as it can be.
We will go to Châteauneuf du Pape, a town and commune in the Vaucluse.Its name derives from a castle built by the Popes when they ruled from Avignon. It is the most renowned appellation of the southern part of the Rhône Valley. We will visit a wine cellar and have a wine tasting.
After the wine tasting, we will go back to Avignon for a Provence cuisine dinner in a fantastic restaurant. Complete menu with wines.
Luberon & Les Baux de Provence
This morning, after a full breakfast at the hotel, we will visit some villages of the Luberon, made famous by Peter Mayle’s A year in Provence. We will first visit the village of Gordes, from where you can see a fantastic view of the Luberon on our way to lunch in a typical “bistrot”.
We will also visit Roussillon, a village classed among the most beautiful in France. Your afternoon will be free to relax by the pool at the hotel, or have a walk in the countryside.
For dinner we will take you to a fabulous one michelin stared Relais Chateau restaurant, one of the most unique sightseen areas of Provence. Complete tasting menu with wines.
After breakfast, we will take you to your train station, airport or local hotel, hoping that you have spent a wonderful week during this Culinary Tour with us.
Our Gourmet Provence Tour Includes:
• A professional English-speaking guide, who knows about the history of France and Provence cuisine. He’s wife is a wine specialist, who tries to give you a variety of French and Provence wines to taste during your trip, chosen sometimes with our sommeliers.
• 5 Nights, HOME BASED, deluxe boutique hotel accommodations in the area of beautiful Avignon.
• 5 buffet breakfasts, 4 lunches, 5 dinners: including Michelin starred, gourmet, traditional and bistrot style lunches and dinners.
• All fees for 2 hands-on cooking classes, lunch and wine/cocktails/beverages.
• All classified wines at all group meals.
• All fees for private winery tour and wine tasting.
• Tickets for all visits
• All local taxes at hotel and restaurants.
• All ground transportation throughout the tour by comfortable, spacious, air-conditioned vans or cars.
• Roundtrip transfers between the Avignon TGV rail station and the hotel on tour start and conclusion day at designated transfer times.
• This exclusive Gourmet Provence Tour is limited to a maximum of 12 guests per tour date.
• Air fare
• Extra drinks at the hotel (in your room or at the bar, when it is not during our included meals)